Hello hello hello, and HAPPY Monday to you!! Can you believe that it is AUGUST?!? ME NEITHER. This summer has been one for the books that’s for sure, and I am so so sad that it’s almost over! Luckily, I still have a good 3 weeks left..and A LOT will be happening in that short amount of time :) A vacation to Seaside, FL with the hubs next week, two big-girl parties, lots of new-home-decorating-and-organizing (and Target shopping..), a trip to Ikea, lesson planning, dog-walking, AND the official launch of the Sami Renee Photography web/blog site THIS FRIDAY!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! (And yes, you did note a name change there…none of this “Samantha Renee” stuff, because I sort of really hate being called Samantha? Yeah, makes sense to me too :) ) I am super excited to show you everything I’ve been working on for the official branding of this business, and I hope you love it as much as I do!!!! Eek!
Okay, enough of the rambling. Let’s get to the good stuff :)
This Monday, I am loving…
- my new lens :) :) I FINALLY own the best stinkin’ awesome wide angle lens out there — Canon EF 24-70mm f\2.8L II USM for all you Canon geeks — but the rest of you can just know at as my ZOOOOOOM!!! I am so excited about this purchase because, while it was a big one, every single little penny will be worth it! Normally I rent this lens for weddings, but I was shooting all my sessions solo 50mm. Now, I love my 50 and that’s still my go-to lens for now, but I am so excited about the 24-70 because it just adds so much VARIETY to my sessions :) For example, feast your eyes on this bad boy from Saturday’s Vow Renewal Ceremony …
Yeah. I love it too :)
2. Speaking of Saturday’s Vow Renewal — I am LOVING that I got to shoot this session and witness all the love these parents of 4.5 (hehe) have for each other after 10 years of marriage!!! This was the first session of this kind I have done, and I am hoping to get to capture many more in the future. Even with all the craziness of the day (you would never know from the photos but an INSANE wind/rain storm blew through about 3 hours earlier), Celena and Keith were able to just ENJOY each other and celebrate all God has done for them…and it was beautiful. That’s all I will say about this for now…so be on the lookout for this entire session on the blog later this week :)
3. I’m also loving my family and the generosity they have for others. My dad and older brothers drove all the way up here to help Chris and I move on Saturday morning, and we could not have done it without them!!! Growing up I was sometimes jealous of friends who had parents that bought them clothes and shoes and fun things all the time. Not to say my parents didn’t ever buy me great things — because they did! — but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized just how lucky I am to have parents who freely give the most important thing: time! My Dad and I grabbed Einstein’s for everyone before the move on Saturday, and it took me back to all of those father-daughter dates we went on during middle and high school. We would wake up early, drive to Einstein’s, and grab a bagel before school, and just talk about life. I love those memories with my Dad, and am so thankful for all the time and energy both my parents have given me throughout the years! Love you guys :)
4. On a more silly note, I am super loving putting a sheet over Graham’s crate at night. Best. Idea. Ever. No more 6am barking every time the sun comes up…thank you Kerlins for the few extra hours of snoozing in the morning :)
Well, I am off to run some errands, finish unpacking, and get to organizing!!! I will leave you with some sneak peeks of what you have to look forward to this week on the blog :)
1. Peter & Bobbi’s maternity session at Edgewater Park2. Tousley Family + Vow Renewal Ceremony :) Happy Monday!!!
Love love love,